Search This Blog

Sunday

When Being Crazy Isn't Enough!



Hot, Chewy, Cheesy, Funky, Flabby, Fat and Brawny.
Careful, that's my wine you are talking about! I have been asked, begged, cajoled- OK, again all lies. But one time, one person asked me to tell them what little I knew about wine. And that is the truth, at least the truth until I get drinking. Then it's, "Everyone is always asking me, how'd you get so good at picking wines and you are so pretty and so smart, is your name Heather”? Those that know me best know I am completely and totally out of wine control and all I really know about wine is that I love to drink it- anytime, anyplace, anywhere, with a fever, or without a fever, sitting up or lying down on the table and sometimes under but just not ever, no not ever in a box! Wine has been very, very good to me. Wine has seen me through some of my darkest of moments and been right beside me for some of my greatest laughs. I don't think I would be who I am today, were it not for all the wine. With that said, here is a relatively inexpensive wine for you to try out. But remember, wine is like the significant other in your life- each to his or her own. So don’t hate me or call me a wine lush behind my back if you don’t like the first one you try, life is short- try them all!
"If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good” Dr. Seuss



Layer Cake Shiraz, South Australian Shiraz a great value- Can be had for around $15 bucks (Just skip the latte and put down the chicken nugget). A big thick, juicy mouthful. Hints of blackberry and a little peppery, a deep, full-bodied, lush style that should drink nicely especially when followed by a second bottle. I’d describe the nose as a honker, but only in the kindest of way, (have you seen the noses in my family?) If you first put your pants on backwards and then sit completely still when you taste, you will get an explosion of dark berry, black cherry, exotic spices and chocolate filling your mouth. You can thank me later, because for the first time in your life you'll at least remember why you put your pants on backwards!
Tipsy Tip:
Look for it at The Wine Barn for the best pricing!
Red wine contrary to what some bossy drinkers may think, is best served at about 59 degrees. Just the slightest of chill will offer better juice.

3 comments:

  1. Ha,Ha. How's the nose thing working out for you? Laughed right outta my chair and almost spilled my beer.
    You know who.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Good description Miss Mary!!
    Layer Cake has always been one of my absolute fave's, (but then there is that "other" cake....Cakebread!!) Goes to prove you can have your wine and eat your cake too! LOL
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Layer Cake is great wine! Love your blog- I found you by accident.

    ReplyDelete