Search This Blog

Tuesday

Arresting Wine


Once the imprint from the cuffs wore off, and the horrid smell of that "holding cell" had dissipated, I had time to reflect on just what exactly happened to me at that concert Sunday night and all I can say is, "Blame it on the wine". The last thing I remember, right before all the commotion was Sweet Baby James singing, "How sweet it is to be loved by you".

And then I thought, "Release the hounds". Yeah, it's never a real good idea to wear your emotions on your sleeve or to let loose while under the influence!

Oh well, what is done, is done. I certainly can't "unring that bell" and frankly, I don't think I'd want to either! Besides, James was almost gracious about the whole thing and I think secretly if security hadn't intervened, well... let's just say, things may have been different.

But I thought I'd share with you the wine that almost had me wearing one of those orange jump suits with the words, "CORRECTIONS" on the back. It is my latest obsession, (Other than Mr. Taylor) a fine wine called Adobe Road 2005 Syrah. This stuff can be had for under $25 bucks (Wine Barn) and believe me, in that price range, it packs a punch (as witnessed on Sunday evening). Wine Spectator gives this wine 92 points- which is a range I am most happy to be found drinking in! This wine has got a lot of personality. It's rich with spices and deep luscious plum and blueberries. It is well balanced, but be careful, as it can certainly knock you off your balance when consumed in certain quantities. And based on my personal experiences, I’d have to describe this wine as a "Man Magnet". I mean, after all, I made out with James Taylor and that has never happened to me while drinking Jack and diet. I think that if you get the opportunity to try this wine out you may soon find yourself belting out, “Well I'm a steamroller baby. I wanna roll all over you. Yes I'm a steamroller for your love, babe ...  And only then ,will what happened to me make any sense!


2 comments:

  1. Holding cell? Tell me you are talking about the waiting line for the restroom-please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MarryMead-Marry me!

    ReplyDelete