Search This Blog

Tuesday

Life Complicated

I was thinking that in my next career I'd like to be a barrista. Although I am concerned that it looks pretty hard. People are always yelling out their names and orders and sometimes they are so complicated; 3 splenda, 1/2 soy, 1/3 organic hold the whip. On second thought, maybe not. I have decided to give up anything too complicated for Lent. Is that bad or sacrilegious? Somehow, I don't think the Big Guy would take this proclamation too seriously. I mean He knows me really well, he knows I am only joking about the Lent deal and that I am going to do something really BIG for Lent, like help solve the financial crisis in our global economy... But wait just a minute, aren't we (this is addressed to all you Catholics out there) supposed to give something up for Lent, something we dearly love, something that we'd find to be a huge sacrifice? Man, this whole "life" thing is getting really hard, first having to give up the idea of being a barrista and now a Lenten fiasco... I could give up wine, but that is a crazy idea. I mean giving up wine will not make me a better person. I could give up my medications that make life rosier, but than I don't take anything, so I would just be giving up the idea of going to get something to make me better... I picture myself walking into Walgreen's and telling the pharmacist, "I am here to pick up my prescription" and the pharmacist would say, "we don't have anything under your name" and than I'd give him my neighbors name, my kids teachers name, the weirdest person I know names, all in hope of striking it rich. So then I'd walk over to the Lotto line and pull my last one dollar bill out of my skinny little wallet and I'd try my luck at solving the financial crisis in my own family.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with ya sista; I will be pulling that dollar tonight to hopefully solve our financial crisis...and help a few others too! I know I am a good person!!!

    ReplyDelete