Search This Blog

Tuesday

Go Orange!

So, in my everlasting quest to someday be happy with my body- ha, I know shocking, I picked up a copy of Self magazine. On the cover it said, that "now is the time to take control of your body". I thought, why not now? Since every other aspect of my life is in chaos, maybe the fates are aligned and now for the first time in 35 plus years (yeah, I know, but I wasn't always a fat kid) I could do it.
I started with the recipe section, again, I know what you are thinking, but wait! While my thinking may be flawed, I thought that if I could find interesting, healthy recipes that I, as a cooking novice could master, maybe that would make a difference.
Well instead I opened to the perils of eating and cooking chicken-ugh! The article basically said that you are taking such a huge risk eating chicken that you might as well drink two bottles of wine and take a walk on 1-4 dressed all in black, at midnight. Now, I don't have any problem with drinking my share of wine, even at midnight and the wearing of all black, well refer back up to my 35 year plus battle mentioned above and you get the picture, but walking on 1-4? Are you crazy? I seldom even drive 1-4 anymore! No, I am not nuts. I have cleaned out my refridge and freezer of those offensive, once cute, fuzzy little chicks and decided I may die of a coronary, but I absolutley refuse to die from salmonella. My most recent trip to Publix found me with the latest copy of a juicy tabloid magazine, yeah, forget about magazines that make you THINK good, I want something that makes me FEEL good and a big bag of ORANGE...lest you think I have totally lost my mind in the produce isle...cheetos are people pleasers too and they are orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment