Search This Blog

Thursday

A Whine a Week...

I have finally come up with a good idea. I know, it has been months since anything even remotely resembling a good idea has crossed through this mass of atrophied grey matter, let alone an epic idea, like the one that hit me while I was cooking up some eggies this morning. I finally decided what I was going to start blogging about- in order to get my book deal going. Oh, I know, I toyed around with Oprah and somebody beat me to it. And I briefly thought of channeling Paula Deen, since we have so much in common and all. But then that whole Julie and Julia crap happened and I felt doomed. Two good ideas and someone else had to get them before me. Maybe it was all the online Scrabble I was playing- "had it kept me from realizing my full potential?" Well, evidently not! On to my brilliance, which once I fully explain, I think you all with agree- freaking genius!

The first person I told about my idea was daughter Judy, Oh, and you all need to know that is not her "real" name, but since I am going to be getting what I think is a lot of publicity and all with this new idea, I decided it was better to start early to protect my young from being savaged from the paparazzi and such. Yep. That is my true nature and initial instinct- protect those around me.

OK. Back to my idea. I decided I was going to write about a new wine every day! There is it, simple and yet dazzling. I could write a book about what I do in my spare time AND possible get paid for it? And who said that expensive Catholic education would not someday pay off? Now, when I told daughter Judy about my idea, she was less enthusiastic. She cautioned me that a bottle a day, while not an unreasonable quest for her talented mother and most certainly obtainable, and quite possibly something I could do with one hand tied behind my back, as long as it wasn't my wine glass hand. But... she coached me that perhaps it was just a little overly ambitious. Not because I didn't have the time or that she thought I wasn't up to the task, "Au contraire," she assured. No, she was certain it would be possible for me to work in a bottle a day even around my somewhat gruelling Real Housewife's reruns and my quick trips to Publix to sample their always present "Apron Meals," but only and this is the part she stressed... "if I made up a schedule and stuck to it." Her only concern was if it just wouldn't present as a problem to work seven days a week. And she reminded me about the long hours I was putting in on Face book and after a bit, I agreed. My reader would be better served to limit myself to one Whine a Week. Of course, she agreed that there would be nothing at all wrong with getting a few blogs ahead, just in case something got in my way and possibly interrupted my drinking schedule. I concurred, better to be prepared for disaster then to meet disaster unprepared. I would put together a schedule and then pack my "preparedness" pak. It will be similar to a hurricaine preparedness pak, but this one would carry a different set of survival items. I'd pack the bag with a nice loaf of French bread, some Gouda cheese and a set of "rabbit" ears for quick release of those pesky corks. The best part of this whole idea, since all of this is "work" related, I should be able to "write off" my supplies as a business expense, right?

1 comment: